Trekkers often achieves our fundraising goals through hosting annual events that require many volunteers. Our current annual fundraising events include pancake breakfasts, Trekkapalooza and the Pedal to the Port bike ride.
As Trekkers continues to grow, we are seeking to expand our current annual fundraisers and develop more events in the future to support and enrich our core programming.
Fundraising and Event Opportunities
We are seeking volunteers to support every aspect of our fundraising events. “Getting the word out” before an event ensures the greatest community participation and largely contributes to that event’s success. Furthermore, our fundraising events require many helping hands during the events themselves. From pre-event promotion to flipping pancakes and post-event cleanup, there are opportunities for everyone! Specific areas in which we could use your support are:
- Sitting on an event committee
- Marketing/promoting event
- Designing posters and flyers
- Submitting event information to newspapers, websites, radio broadcasts, etc.
- Recruiting volunteers
- Hands on event support, i.e., flipping pancakes and greeting guests
- Post-event breakdown and cleanup
How much time is required?
Volunteers can contribute as little as an hour during an event to as much as 10 hours a week in the months prior to an event. We would welcome anything than you can give. Before you volunteer, you will meet with a Trekkers staff member to discuss your role and the corresponding dates and times of your volunteer position.
What are my next steps?
If you are interested in supporting our fundraisers and events, you must complete the following steps:
- Get an application. Download the Adult Volunteer Application OR call the Trekkers office: (207) 594-5095 to request a mailed application.
- Submit your application. Mail the application to: Trekkers, 41 Buttermilk Lane, Thomaston, ME 04861 OR return it directly to our office.
- Meet with a Trekkers staff member. Upon receiving your application, a staff member will contact you to schedule a meeting to discuss your interests, experience and schedule. During the interview you will have the chance to ask questions and learn more about Trekkers’ administrative work.
- Start helping Trekkers!