Date: Sunday, June 9, 2019
Time: 2-3 pm
Venue: Earth, Flow + Fire, 385 Main Street in Rockland (Entrance through back of building, off of Tillson Avenue)
What: EFF PYRO Pilates and Yoga
This 60 minutes class combines Pilates with a cardio workout for 40 minutes ending with gentle yoga to cool down.
Beneficiary: Trekkers in Rockland, Maine
Suggested Donation: $15.00 (100% of all donations will go to Trekkers). Cash or check (made out to Trekkers).
Bring: your mat, a towel, and water bottle (mats and towels will be available to rent for $2 each and water will be available for purchase).
Under 16 need a parent/guardian to approve their participation.
Sweat for a cause! Earth Flow + Fire hot yoga studio, 315 Main St., Rockland is teaming up with Trekkers for a benefit class on Sunday, June 9 at 2:00 pm. All proceeds from the one-hour class will benefit Trekkers youth-mentoring program in Rockland. The 60-minute class is geared to all levels and will combine Pilates with a 40-minute cardio workout followed by 20 minutes of gentle yoga. Suggested donation $15 by cash or check.
Earth Flow + Fire is located in the lower level of the Thorndike Building off Main Street on Tillson Avenue in Rockland. Bring a mat, towel and water bottle. Mats and towels will be available to rent for $2 each and water is available for purchase. If you are under 16 years of age, parent/guardian approval is required.
Earth Flow + Fire is the areas first hot yoga studio. The room is heated to a consistent 105° F (41° C) and 40% humidity with exposed brick walls, vintage marble floors, a water bottle filling station, and state-of-the-art changing facilities with showers. Earth Essentials, their small boutique, stocks the most current quality brands of yoga clothing and accessories. Earth Candy, juice bar and café, offers fresh juice and health-conscious salads, soups and bowls.
Trekkers is a non-profit, outdoor-based youth mentoring organization that serves 240 seventh through twelfth-grade students from the Midcoast, Maine towns of Cushing, Owls Head, Rockland, St. George, South Thomaston and Thomaston. Trekkers model combines community-based mentoring with a year-round, six-year expeditionary learning model that cultivates students’ inherent strengths while building resiliency, raising and defining their aspirations, and increasing their connections to their communities.
For more information about Trekkers or the event, contact Trekkers at 207-594-5095, or visit their website, www.trekkers.org. For information on Earth, Flow + Fire, contact them at 207-593-8269 or visit their website, www.earthrockland.com.
New to all this?
Here are our suggestions for how to make the most of your yoga experience:
- Our studio is heated to a consistent 105° F (41° C) and 40% humidity: prepare to sweat! Please bring a large towel, a yoga mat, and a water bottle for class. The studio also sells mats and water and rents mats and towels.
- Dress as lightly as possible. Men often wear shorts or a bathing suit. Women often wear exercise tops and shorts or a swimsuit. Most people find t-shirts too bulky; tank tops and/or sports bras are better for this practice.
- Arrive early enough to give yourself time to sign in and have a few minutes before class begins to stretch, meditate or collect your thoughts.
- Come on an empty stomach: don’t eat for 1-2 hours before class, and keep any meals light and simple.
- Please inform your instructor about any injuries or conditions that might affect your practice, if you are pregnant, or if you are new to yoga.
- If you’re not in the habit of drinking water, we recommend drinking plenty for several days prior to your first class. We also recommend cutting down on caffeine and processed foods, as these can affect your body’s ability to tolerate heat.