Date: Sunday, June 9, 2019
Time: 2-3 pm
Venue: Earth, Flow + Fire, 385 Main Street in Rockland (Entrance through back of building, off of Tillson Avenue)
What: EFF PYRO Pilates and Yoga
This 60 minutes class combines Pilates with a cardio workout for 40 minutes ending with gentle yoga to cool down.
Beneficiary: Trekkers in Rockland, Maine
Suggested Donation: $15.00 (100% of all donations will go to Trekkers). Cash or check (made out to Trekkers).
Bring: your mat, a towel, and water bottle (mats and towels will be available to rent for $2 each and water will be available for purchase).
Under 16 need a parent/guardian to approve their participation.
Trekkers is a non-profit, outdoor-based mentoring program that cultivates the inherent strengths of young people through the power of long-term mentoring relationships.
Earth Flow + Fire is a yoga studio heated to a consistent consistent 105° F (41° C) and 40% Humidity. Here you’ll find a warm welcome and a hip, European vibe. Our space is right off Main Street in downtown Rockland, with exposed brick walls, vintage marble floors, a water bottle filling station, and state-of-the-art changing facilities with showers. Earth Essentials, our small boutique, stocks the most current quality brands for all your yoga needs, and our juice bar Earth Candy will refuel you after practice with clean juices and bowls.
New to all this?
Here are our suggestions for how to make the most of your yoga experience:
- Our studio is heated to a consistent 105° F (41° C) and 40% humidity: prepare to sweat! Please bring a large towel, a yoga mat, and a water bottle for class. The studio also sells mats and water and rents mats and towels.
- Dress as lightly as possible. Men often wear shorts or a bathing suit. Women often wear exercise tops and shorts or a swimsuit. Most people find t-shirts too bulky; tank tops and/or sports bras are better for this practice.
- Arrive early enough to give yourself time to sign in and have a few minutes before class begins to stretch, meditate or collect your thoughts.
- Come on an empty stomach: don’t eat for 1-2 hours before class, and keep any meals light and simple.
- Please inform your instructor about any injuries or conditions that might affect your practice, if you are pregnant, or if you are new to yoga.
- If you’re not in the habit of drinking water, we recommend drinking plenty for several days prior to your first class. We also recommend cutting down on caffeine and processed foods, as these can affect your body’s ability to tolerate heat.